Windstream Hosted Solutions Opens Multi-Million Dollar Data Center in McLean, VA
Windstream Hosted Solutions has opened a new Mid-Atlantic data center in McLean, Va.
The new enterprise-class Windstream data center is 65,000 square feet with 45,000 square feet of raised floor space. It was designed to meet the growing demand for cloud-based and dedicated managed services.
The McLean data center joins Windstream Hosted Solutions' nationwide inventory of data centers, geographically dispersed through the U.S. Windstream opened a data center in Little Rock, Ark. earlier this year.
Designed with 2N power distribution and parallel multi-module uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), Windstream Hosted Solutions' new data center is built for businesses that choose colocation, dedicated server, managed services, cloud computing or disaster recovery solutions.
The Windstream McLean data center features:
• Fully 2N A-side and B-side power distribution design with automated failover between electrical systems
• Up to 2000kVa of day 1 utility capacity scalable to 9,000kVA
• Connection to multiple Windstream core POP sites via redundant OC-192 10Gbps circuits with no single point of failure
• Fully redundant core network gear within the data center
• Onsite Network Operations Center (NOC), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support
• High level of security controls including: card access system, electronic verification by Windstream Hosted Solutions personnel, biometric identity access system and video surveillance