GSA Taps JLL to Market Georgetown Heating Plant
Jones Lang LaSalle has been retained to assist in marketing the U.S. General Services Administration’s (GSA) Georgetown Heating Plant at 1051 29th Street, N.W., which is for sale via online auction.
This property in Washington’s Georgetown submarket has the potential to be redeveloped for residential, commercial, retail and hospitality uses.
The Georgetown Heating Plant sits on 2.08 acres. The property offers views across the Potomac River and is located in Georgetown’s historic district, with access to the Georgetown Waterfront, the West End and Foggy Bottom neighborhoods, as well as the Central Business District and I-66.
“There are very few developable plots of land left in Georgetown, and this site has unparalleled redevelopment opportunities,” said Marc Waddill, Senior Vice President, Jones Lang LaSalle.
The site is adjacent to the Georgetown Four Seasons Hotel, flanked by waterways on two sides and within a five-minute walk of Georgetown Waterfront Park.
An industry forum for the Georgetown Heating Plant sale is planned for late October.
GSA is currently completing its National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) requirements, and bidding is expected to commence shortly after completion of those activities.
· Year Built: 1948
· Previous Use: Industrial (Steam Generating Plant)
· Floor Plates: Approximately 20,000 s.f. footprint
· Building Height: Approximately 110 feet
· Number of Floors: Six above grade; two partially below grade
· Total Land Area: Approximately 2.08 acres
· Construction: Steel and masonry
· Façade: Art Deco style brick with granite cornices
· Fire Protection: Full sprinkler system
· Systems: One freight elevator
· Other Structures: Four above-ground fuel storage tanks
More information is available at www.GeorgetownHeatingPlant.com.
Citybizlist Partner News
- Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP - Should Technology Reinvent the Classroom?
- Merritt Properties - Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors Signs Lease for Office Space at Merritt’s Timonium Center
- MacKenzie - MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Recap - April 27th - May 10th, 2013
- St. John Properties - Bill Holzman Promoted to VP, Retail Leasing for St. John Properties