Ernst & Young Announces Entrepreneur Of The Year 2013 Finalists in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia Region
Ernst & Young LLP announced the finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2013 Award in the Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia region. The awards program recognizes high-growth entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These finalists were selected from over 50 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on June 21st at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel.
• Rob Daley and Henry Thorne, Co-founder/CEO and Co-founder/CTO, 4moms, Pittsburgh, PA
• Aldo Zini, President & CEO, Aethon, Pittsburgh, PA
• Stan Berdell, President, BLX, Inc., Kittanning, PA
• Paul Fischione, CEO, E.A. Fischione Instruments, Inc., Export, PA
• Claudia Leal, President, EAFab Corporation, Oakdale, PA
• Dwayne Spurlock, CEO, eKidz Care, Sewickley, PA
• Jim Spencer, President & CEO, EverPower Wind Holdings, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Brad Childs, Owner & Executive Vice President, eyetique, Pittsburgh, PA
• Kim Tillotson Fleming, Chairman & CEO, Hefren-Tillotson, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Bill Baker, President & CEO, Irwin Car and Equipment, Irwin, PA
• Howard Schwartz, Founder & CEO, HDS, Pittsburgh, PA
• Dan Heit, President & CEO, JusticeWorks YouthCare, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Todd Wolynn, MD, CEO, Kids + Pediatrics, Pittsburgh, PA
• John LaCarte, President, LaCarte Enterprises, Inc./Model Cleaners, Charleroi, PA
• Thomas Donohoe, President, Level Interactive, Pittsburgh, PA
• Dave Angelicchio, Sr., Chairman & CEO, Pittsburgh Independent Auto Auction, New Stanton, PA
• Jason Kutney, CEO, Pittsburgh Riverhounds and Greentree Sportsplex, Pittsburgh, PA
• John Graf, President & CEO, Priory Hospitality, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Anthony Lacenere, CEO, Propel IT, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Jim Campbell, Jr. & John Campbell II, Principals, PWCampbell, Pittsburgh, PA
• Karin Mayr, Founder & President, Sabika, Pittsburgh, PA
• Eric Sauereisen, President, Sauereisen, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Mike Wagner, President & Owner, Target Freight Management, Pittsburgh, PA
• Kent Rockwell, Chairman & CEO, The ExOne Company, North Huntingdon, PA
• Lou Piconi & Kevin McAliley, Founder and CEO, Think Through Learning Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
• Bill Generett, Jr., President & CEO, Urban Innovation21, Pittsburgh, PA
• Greg Klein, Owner, Willi’s Ski Shop, Pittsburgh, PA
Collectively, these finalists grew their company’s employment by 93% and their revenues by 266% between 2010 and 2012. Now in its 27th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded globally to recognize company builders in over 140 cities and in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners go on to compete at the national level. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the National Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, California, on November 16, 2013. The awards are the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
In Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia, local sponsors include: PNC; ParenteBeard; The Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence; Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, PC and Trib Total Media.
About Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award recognizes the significant contributions of entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement.
About Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets practice
Ernst & Young LLP’s Strategic Growth Markets (SGM) practice guides leading high-growth companies. Our multidisciplinary team of elite professionals provides perspective and advice to help our clients accelerate market leadership. SGM delivers assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services to thousands of companies spanning all industries. Ernst & Young is the undisputed leader in taking companies public, advising key government agencies on the issues impacting high-growth companies and convening the experts who shape the business climate. For more information, please visit us at ey.com/us/strategicgrowthmarkets, or follow news on Twitter at EY_Growth.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 167,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit ey.com.