Acon Equity Partners Raises $461 Million for Fund
Acon Equity Partners has raised $461 million, or more than three-fourths of a $600 million fund, from 35 investors, according to an amended SEC filing.
The Washington D.C. based private equity firm, which is raising the funds for Acon Equity Partners III LP, named in its filing the following principals:
· Acon Equity GenPar LLC, its general partner;
· Co-founder Bernard Aronson;
· Co-founder Kenneth Brotman;
· Co-founder Jonathan Ginns;
· Managing Partner Daniel Jinich; and
· Partner Andre Bhatia.
All the above named are managing members of Acon Equity GenPar.
Acon said it would pay $70 million in annual management fee from the proceeds to an affiliate of its general partner.
Founded in 1995, Acon invests in companies in the U.S., Europe and Latin America, many serving the Hispanic populations. Some of its portfolio companies include Chroma Oil & Gas, Fairway Outdoor Advertising, Magic Media, Peter Piper Pizza and Telemundo.
Investors in previous Acon funds include the California State Teachers’ Retirement System, California Public Employees’ Retirement System and The New York State Common Retirement Fund.
Also at citybizlist, see:
ProEnergy Holdings Receives Equity Financing
Acon Investments Acquires Suzo-Happ Group
Citybizlist Partner News
- Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP - Should Technology Reinvent the Classroom?
- Merritt Properties - Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors Signs Lease for Office Space at Merritt’s Timonium Center
- MacKenzie - MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Recap - April 27th - May 10th, 2013
- St. John Properties - Bill Holzman Promoted to VP, Retail Leasing for St. John Properties