VIRGINIA BEACH, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GEICO is once again adding to staff and expects to fill 500 positions in claims, sales, service, auto damage and the company’s management development programs.
Candidates for these open spots need not have previous experience due to GEICO’s extensive training courses. To learn more and apply online today, candidates can go to www.geico.com/careers/office-locations/virginia-virginia-beach/.
“One reason we were again named a 'Best of the Beach' employer in Hampton Roads is because of our commitment to helping associates develop long-term careers,” said John Pham, vice president of GEICO’s regional operations. “Our associates know we promote from within, which gives them a lot of chances for advancement. It’s not unusual for associates to earn two promotions within the first year of employment with us.”
Mark Boggs, a claims manager, can attest to that. “I started as a claims adjuster just three years ago. GEICO gives you the tools and support to be successful, and with consistent hard work and dedication, there’s really no limit to how fast you can move.”
John Pham added, “We know that many people come to GEICO for a job. They think they’ll stay a year or so. What we do is surprise them with a career. Many of our associates have 10- , 20-, and 30-year careers with GEICO, some even longer.”
Pham had some other information he thought candidates would find useful:
- GEICO offers medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.
- GEICO has won ‘BEST of the BEACH’ for over 15 years.
- GEICO recently won the HEIDI award – Hamptons Roads Employer Inclusion and Diversity Initiative Award.
- GEICO was named a Top Intern and Entry-level Employer in 2016 by CollegeGrad.com.
- GEICO offers a tuition reimbursement program.
- GEICO is rated an A++ by A.M. Best for financial stability.
- GEICO is the second largest private passenger auto insurer in the U.S.
- GEICO is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, whose chairman is Warren Buffett.
Pham noted, “We’re thrilled to be a part of the Hampton Roads community. We know this is a great place to work with our neighbors who also happen to be great employees.”
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States. GEICO, which was founded in 1936, provides millions of auto insurance quotes to U.S. drivers annually. The company is pleased to serve more than 16 million private passenger customers, insuring more than 27 million vehicles (auto & cycle).