The Investment Program Association elected six new Board Directors at its recent IPAVision 2017 conference in Chicago from September 24-28, 2017. The IPA Board of Directors consists of 25 senior industry executives from the Portfolio Diversifying Investments ("PDI") industry, each elected to a three-year term.
"Our Board of Directors guide the IPA's mission to ensure that we consistently and proactively advocate for all our investment sponsor, broker-dealer and associate members and support the development and growth of our industry," said Anthony Chereso, President and Chief Executive Officer, IPA. "We are proud to welcome six new senior executives to our Board, as they bring strong leadership skills and deep industry expertise to an already incredibly diverse group. Whether it's working with federal and state legislators, industry regulatory agencies or with the investing public, the IPA looks forward to utilizing the Board's industry experience to further our important work on behalf of a dynamic PDI industry."
The IPA welcomes the following executives as newly elected Board Members, beginning January 1, 2018:
- Zach Klehr, EVP, Fund Management, FS Investments
- Trisha Miller, Chief Executive Officer of Starwood Capital, L.L.C.
- Ella Neyland, President and Affiliated Director, Steadfast Apartment REIT III, Steadfast Apartment REIT and Steadfast Income REIT
- Lenny Silverstein, Co-Founder, Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc.
- Ryan Sims, Senior Managing Director, Investment Management, Hines
- Matt Fries, Product Strategy Leader, Cetera Financial Group
They join the following senior executive leadership, who will continue their terms in 2018:
- Keith Allaire, Managing Director, Robert A. Stanger & Co., Inc. (ex-officio)
- Karen Bean, Vice President, Advisory & Investments, Kestra Financial
- James Carbone, Chief Executive Officer, President & Director, RREEF Property Trust, Inc.
- John Carter, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Carter Validus
- Michael Choate, Partner, Proskauer
- Daniel Cullen, Partner, Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Alan Feldman, Chief Executive Officer, Resource
- Thayer Gallison, Vice President, Investment Research and Product Due Diligence, Advisor Group
- Daniel R. Gilbert, Head of Retail Platform, Colony NorthStar, Inc.
- Nathan Headrick, Managing Director, Triloma Financial Group (2018 IPA Chairman)
- Robert Johnson, Vice President, Director of Advisory Services, Infinex Financial Group
- Neil Menard, Group President, CNL Capital Markets Corp. & President, CNL Securities Corp.
- Paul Mumma, Vice President, Alternative Investments, Ameriprise Financial
- Nicole Petrosino, Vice President, Head of Federal Government Relations, LPL Financial
- Jeff Rosenthal, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Triad Advisors
- Mitchell Sabshon, President and Chief Executive Officer, Inland Real Estate Investment Corporation (2017 IPA Chairman)
- Kevin Shields, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Griffin Capital Corporation
- Scott Smith, Principal, President & Chief Executive Officer, FactRight LLC
- Allan Swaringen, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jones Lang LaSalle Income Property Trust, Inc.
- Todd Van Pelt, Assistant Vice President, Due Diligence Product Services, Cambridge
- Daniel Wildermuth, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Kalos Financial
About Investment Program Association
The IPA supports individual investor access to a variety of asset classes with low correlation to the traded markets and historically available only to institutional investors, including: lifecycle real estate investment trusts (REITs), perpetual life REITs, lifecycle business development companies (BDCs), interval and closed-end funds, energy and equipment leasing programs and real estate private equity offerings. These portfolio diversifying investment (PDI) products have been held in the accounts of more than 3 million individual investors. They remain a critical component of an effectively balanced investment portfolio and serve an essential capital formation function for the U.S. economy. The mission of the IPA is to advocate for PDIs through education and public awareness.