20 Biotech Companies to Present at Mid-Atlantic Bio
The Mid-Atlantic Bio Conference named the more than 20 biotech companies that will formally present business innovations and growth strategies to an audience of more than 850 investors, scientists, advisors and professional service providers from the life sciences sector during this year’s Annual Conference on September 27-28, 2012. Hundreds of biotech companies from across the industry will be coming together during this regional event.
“Bringing these companies together with venture capitalists and other investors is one of the high points of Mid-Atlantic Bio.”
The 2012 Mid-Atlantic Bio Conference is presented by the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association, the Virginia Biotechnology Association, the Tech Council of Maryland, along with their new, strategic partner, the North Carolina Biotechnology Center.
In addition to world-class programming, thought leadership and networking, the Mid-Atlantic Bio Conference is known for providing growth companies an opportunity to present before a variety of capital sources, including venture capital, angel and corporate investors; industry professionals and business leaders; peer scientists; and potential strategic partners.
“We are looking forward to learning more about these 22 companies and the cutting-edge technologies and breakthroughs they can bring to the table,” said Jeffrey M. Gallagher, Virginia Bio Interim Executive Director and co-host of Mid-Atlantic Bio. “Bringing these companies together with venture capitalists and other investors is one of the high points of Mid-Atlantic Bio.”
“The innovations combined with the progress these enterprises are achieving spotlight the success and advancements the biotech industry is making across our region. These are science driven, market-based solutions to some of the most important healthcare challenges we face, both big and small,” Bruce Robertson, Managing Director of H.I.G. BioVentures.
Following a competitive multi-phase application and review process, the selection committee of industry investors and advisors chose the following companies, which specialize in medical devices, diagnostics, healthcare IT and biopharmaceuticals, to present:
“Emerging Growth” Presenters – are actively seeking investment, but are in earlier stages of development (up to and including clinical trials when applicable) with promising technologies or products.
· ADial Pharmaceuticals LLC, Charlottesville, VA
· Adlyfe, Inc., Rockville, MD
· ALung Technologies, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
· Arbovax Inc., Raleigh, NC
· Celek Pharmaceuticals LLC, Rockville, MD
· Cellphire, Inc., Rockville, MD
· MaxCyte, Inc., Gaithersburg, MD
· Plasmonix, Inc., Baltimore, MD
· Psyadon Pharmaceuticals, Germantown, MD
· Suspension Orthopaedic Solutions, Inc., Arnold, MD
· Theranostics Health, Inc., Rockville, MD
· Xdynia, Charlottesville, VA
“First Look” Presenters – provide a sneak preview at nascent technologies representing exciting innovations. First Look is designed to shine the light on those earliest stage firms who are reinventing the world we live in, but who are still building their tools and technologies.
· AllTranz Inc., Baltimore, MD
· BOSS Medical LLC, Baltimore, MD
· CC Biotech LLC, Rockville, MD
· Katharos, Inc., Raleigh, NC
· Melanovus Oncology, Inc., Hummelstown, PA
· Metabiomics Corp, Potomac Falls, VA
· MxBiodevices, LLC, Greenville, NC
· Remedium Technologies, Inc., College Park, MD
· SynAm Vaccine, Rockville, MD
· Trana Discovery, Inc., Cary, NC
More later-stage growth companies will be spotlighted as “Showcase” companies throughout the program.
“The Mid-Atlantic Bio Conference is a must-attend event for companies wanting to do business in this region. The life sciences community is heavily represented at the conference, with a range of companies taking on key roles in the program as well as actively participating as audience members,” said Julia Spicer, Executive Director of Mid-Atlantic Venture Association, a co-host of the conference.
Citybizlist Partner News
- Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP - Should Technology Reinvent the Classroom?
- Merritt Properties - Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors Signs Lease for Office Space at Merritt’s Timonium Center
- MacKenzie - MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Recap - April 27th - May 10th, 2013
- St. John Properties - Bill Holzman Promoted to VP, Retail Leasing for St. John Properties